PFS partners serve as your Power of Attorney or Durable Power of Attorney. This power delegation document is a vital estate planning document along with your Living Trust, Will and Advanced Health Care Directive.
A power of attorney is a legal document that allows someone else to act on your behalf in matters you specify in the power of attorney document. *
You can authorize one of us to represent you in matters involving taxes, real estate, retirement plans, as well as any other fiduciary needs you might have. It is safe if the person you appoint is trustworthy and competent. We can do almost anything the power of attorney permits. You can also limit the kinds of financial decisions you want us to be able to make.
Power of Attorney Tasks
Here are examples of tasks we do for you as your agent under the power of attorney:
- Make bank deposits, withdrawals or other transactions
- Trade stocks and bonds
- Pay bills
- Buy or sell property
- Hire people to take care of you
- File your tax returns
- Arrange the distribution of retirement benefits
- Negotiate and sign contracts
- Apply for government benefits like SSI or Medi-Cal
* Most powers of attorney have the word “durable” included in it. Durable means the power of attorney can continue to act on your behalf under periods of incompetency.